Sep 28, 2022
Winter Couscous Medley
Enjoy this delicious couscous medley recipe that’s so easy to follow that you’ll never be without healthy and flavorsome meals when you’re on the go ever again!
The below recipe is for 12 oz. Zojirushi Stainless Steel Food Jars.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 1/8 small onion
- 5 morel mushrooms, fresh or dried (rehydrate with water) (can also substitute with 1.5 oz. oyster mushrooms)
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup green peas,
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup couscous
- 2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1 Tbsp. roasted pine nuts
*This recipe was developed for Stainless Steel Food Jars SW-EAE35/50. Please adjust the ingredients to make this meal to suit other Food Jar models.
*Please make sure not to overfill the food jar with ingredients, as ingredients will expand with cooking, and may cause the lid to burst.
1. Preheat the Zojirushi food jar by pouring boiling water inside. Close the lid and allow to preheat.
2. Mince the onion and cut the morel mushrooms in small bite-size pieces. Dice carrot into small pieces.
3. Place chicken broth, onion, mushrooms, carrot and green peas in a sauce pan. Add olive oil, salt, black pepper, wine vinegar and bring to a boil over high heat.
4. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for two more minutes.
5. Discard the hot water from the food jar and add the couscous inside.
6. Fill with ingredients from the pan until it’s 1 cm below the ridge. Close the lid and allow ingredients to set for a minimum of 1 hour and up to 6 hours.
7. Once you’re ready to enjoy your delicious couscous, open the jar and add the parsley and the pine nuts. Mix well before eating.
Make sure to consume within 6 hours to prevent from spoiling.
Recipe courtesy of Zojirushi America Corporation.