Get it? All the popular breakfast foods, filled in a BREAD bowl! Enjoy this savory mix of bacon, eggs and parsley, anytime, anywhere, even in BED!
Ingredients (for BB-CEC20, makes 8 buns):
Approx. 210g (210mL) milk
1 large egg, beaten
433g (3-1/3 cups) bread flour
42g (3-1/2 Tbsp.) sugar
5g (1 tsp.) salt
57g (2 oz.) unsalted butter
3g (1 tsp.) rapid rise yeast
All purpose flour
3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
8 slices uncooked bacon, regular cut
8 medium or large eggs, room temperature
Salt and pepper to taste
1 medium or large egg, beaten
1 Tbsp. (15mL) water
1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
1. Following the steps in the instruction manual, prepare the dough using the ingredients listed.
2. When the DOUGH course completes, press CANCEL (or press and hold START/RESET), remove the dough and place on a lightly floured board. Divide into 16 equal pieces for 2-lb. breadmaker, 12 pieces for 1-lb. breadmaker, and shape each into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
3. Place dough on a lightly floured board. Take 8 pieces for 2-lb. breadmaker or 6 pieces for 1-lb. breadmaker, and flatten each ball into 4” diameter circles using a rolling pin. Then place flattened dough on a parchment paper lined baking pans.
4. Roll remaining dough balls into 13”-long ropes, and place on the edge of the dough circles to create a border for the egg filling in step 7.
5. Cover with plastic wrap, and allow to rise for 30 to 40 minutes or until size doubles.
6. Fill each dough with filling. Squeeze mayonnaise along the inner edge of the dough. Cut bacon in half lengthwise and place halves along the inner edge of the dough. Gently press the center to make an indentation large enough to hold the egg.
7. Add toppings. Crack a medium egg at the center of each dough. For a large egg, crack the egg in a small bowl first, as egg white may overflow. Remove some egg white, then carefully transfer to the dough. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
8. Make egg glaze in a separate bowl. Mix egg and water, then lightly brush the surface of the dough with the egg glaze.
9. Bake in an oven preheated to 375°F for 14 to 16 minutes, or until golden brown. Turn off the oven and wait approx. 5 minutes for the eggs to cook through.
10. Transfer baked buns to a wire rack and top with parsley flakes.