Hearty Tempura Udon
- Aug 12, 2022
- Sampoyoshi Blog
This is a classic Japanese dish in which udon is served in a hot savory soup and topped with crisp tempura. Sprinkle shichimi for a light kick!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 6 cups dashi or 2 tsp. instant dashi powder with 6 cups water
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp. mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
- 2 tsp. salt
To Prepare Separately:
4 servings tempura
- 4 servings udon noodle, boiled
- Shichimi (Japanese spices mixed with chili pepper)
1. Place all ingredients of soup in a large pot and bring to boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Make tempura.
3. In a medium pot, bring water (not included in the ingredients list) to boil, add udon noodle and boil for 10 seconds to reheat. At the same time, reheat the soup from step 1.
4. Drain warmed udon and distribute in individual serving bowls.
5. Pour heated soup over noodle and top with tempura.
6. Serve while hot with condiment.
Recipe courtesy of Zojirushi America Corporation
Product has been added to your cart:
Enter your promo code here
✔️ Discount applied, it will show at checkout.
Discount code cannot be applied to the cart.
The discount code cannot be applied to the cart. Please ensure the cart meets the requirements to apply this discount code.
Please provide a valid discount code.
Discount code cannot be combined with the offers applied to the cart.