A cocktail-like, soothing green tea with a splash of grapefruit. Adjust the sweetness to your preference when pairing with a dish.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1 Tbsp. sencha tea leaves
- 8 fl. oz. hot water (175°F)
- sugar to taste
- 2 cups ice
- 8 fl. oz. club soda
- 8 fl. oz. grapefruit juice
1. Fill Zojirushi water boiler & warmer with water and set temperature to 175°F.
2. Place sencha tea leaves into a teapot.
3. When the water temperature reaches 175°F, dispense 8 fl. oz. of the hot water into the teapot. (If using a tea kettle to boil the water, pour the boiled water into a pitcher first, then pour that water into the teapot. This will cool the hot water to a suitable temperature.) Allow the tea to steep for 3-4 minutes.
4. Pour green tea to a pitcher, add sugar to taste.
5. Place ice cubes in two tall glasses, distribute green tea equally to each glass.
6. Pour club soda into each glass.
7. Add grapefruit juice and garnish with mint.
Recipe courtesy of Zojirushi America Corporation