Oct 27, 2023
Cheese Senbei (Rice Crackers)
Senbei is a snack enjoyed in Japan since old times. Originally flavored with salt and soy sauce, other flavors have become available more recently. Try this recipe with your favorite flavor or substitute brown rice for white.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 cup cooked short or medium grain brown rice
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. white sesame seeds
If the rice square is too fragile, use two cutting boards to transfer the rice square. Place one cutting board under the plastic bag with rice square and place the parchment paper over. Place the other cutting board over the parchment paper, then flip the boards so that the plastic bag and rice square is on top of the parchment paper. This can be also done using 2 baking sheets.
6. Cut into bite-sized squares with a butter knife over the plastic sheet. Gently press with edge of butter knife so you separate squares without cutting through plastic.
Recipe courtesy of Zojirushi America Corporation
Products you may be interested: