Jul 12, 2023
Creamy Chicken Stew
A velvety classic white stew, with ingredients made all the more tender with the slow cooking process. Don't worry about stirring this stew because you can't scorch it. Just let it cook and then enjoy!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1/2 lb. cut up chicken thigh
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions
- 1 medium carrot
- 4 small potatoes
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 7 oz. water
- 14 oz. milk, room temperature
- 1 cube chicken bouillon, crushed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 bunch broccoli crown
1. Cut all vegetables into bite-sized pieces. Soak potatoes in water for about 5 to 10 minutes to remove surface starch.
2. Heat the inner pan over medium heat. Check its surface temperature by dripping a few drops of water. If they run on the surface, then the pan is ready to cook. Put oil in the pan and sauté the chicken until evenly browned. Once all the meat has been browned remove it to a plate and reserve.
3. Add onion and carrot and stir-fry them until onion becomes soft. Then add potato and sauté it until its surface becomes translucent.
4. Add butter and stir well, then stir in flour and cook it well.
5. Slowly, pour water and milk into the pan while stirring. Add the browned meat, bouillon, salt and pepper and mix well.
6. Close the lid and when it comes to a boil, reduce heat and continue to cook for another 10 minutes (while cooking, stir it 1 or 2 times).
7. Place the inner pan in the insulated container and keep warm for 30 minutes.
8. After 30 minutes, stir broccoli into the stew, and continue to keep warm for another 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Zojirushi America Corporation