3 scoops (36g) ground coffee (use measuring spoon that comes with the coffee maker)
Water to fill to Water Fill Line 6 for “HOT”
3 cups whole milk
For whipped cream:
1-1/4 cup (10 oz.) heavy cream
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 tsp. sugar pearls
You will need a large piping bag with a tip.
1. Make the caramel sauce. Warm heavy cream for caramel sauce in a microwave and set aside. Combine sugar and water in a saucepan and gently stir until sugar completely dissolves. Cook mixture over medium heat.
Tip:Caramel sauce makes a fun topping for coffee drinks! When drizzling it over cream toppings, make sure the sauce is cooled to room temperature to prevent the sauce from quickly sinking.
2. After a few minutes, the mixture will turn to syrup and start to bubble. When the syrup starts to darken, gently swirl the pan until the syrup is even deep amber color. Make sure to swirl the pan and not stir.
3. Gradually add warmed heavy cream to the syrup and stir continuously to combine. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Brew the coffee. Fill the Glass Carafe with water to Water Fill Line 6 for “HOT” and pour into the Water Tank. Set paper filter in the Filter Basket, add ground coffee and close the lid. Using the Taste Tuner lever, adjust the brew strength to your preference.
5. Make the whipped cream. In a cold bowl, place all ingredients for “For whipped cream:”, and whip until stiff peaks form. Place cream in a piping bag with a tip and set aside.
6. Prepare the drinks. In a saucepan, heat milk until just before boiling. In each serving cup, add caramel sauce to your preference. Make sure to reserve some sauce for the topping. Pour heated milk and stir.
7. Turn off the coffee maker. Pour brewed coffee into each cup. Pipe whipped cream on top, drizzle caramel sauce and top with sugar pearls.