This is a creamy and extra rich rice pudding with a colorful fruit topping; a perfect dessert for your next party.
Ingredients (serves 6-8):
2 cups (rice measuring cup) long grain white rice
Water to fill to water level 2 for “LONG GRAIN WHITE,” or 2-1/2 cups (rice measuring cup)
2 egg yolks
3 cups whole milk
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 kiwi fruits
1 Tbsp. honey or maple syrup
1 tsp. cinnamon powder
6-8 Tbsp. whipped cream
1. Measure rice accurately using the measuring cup that came with your rice cooker. Rinse rice quickly once, drain and place in the inner cooking pan. Add water to the corresponding water level for “LONG GRAIN WHITE,” or as listed in the ingredients. Cook the rice using the “LONG GRAIN WHITE” (if available), or the “MIXED” setting.
2. When rice completes cooking, transfer cooked rice to a large sauce pan. Add milk and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring often. Remove from heat.
3. In a small bowl, combine egg yolks, sugar and salt. Mix well.
4. Stir in the egg yolk mixture from step 3 to the rice from step 2.
5. Return saucepan to the stove top. Cook mixture over medium heat, stirring continually for one minute.
6. Remove from heat, mix in vanilla extract. Distribute pudding to dessert bowls. Cover each bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours and up to 2 days.
7. Dice all fruits into 1/3 inch cubes. Dress with honey and set aside.
8. Take out chilled rice pudding, remove the plastic wrap and sprinkle cinnamon powder over rice. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and diced fruits from step