Jun 02, 2023
There is nothing better than a slice of cake and a cup of tea to unwind your busy afternoon. This lemon cake is moist, simple and has a kick of citrus flavor that you'll definitely enjoy. Drizzle glaze made from lemon juice on top to finish!
Ingredients (for BB-PDC20):
- 3 large eggs (150g), beaten
- 80g (approx. 80mL) milk
- 114g (4 oz.) unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 5g (1 tsp.) vanilla extract
- 275g (1-1/3 cups) sugar
- 20g (4 Tbsp.) lemon zest
- 260g (2 cups) all purpose flour
- 9g (3 tsp.) baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-1/2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1. Sift the flour ingredients (all purpose flour and baking powder). Make sure the kneading blade(s) are properly attached, and add the ingredients to the baking pan in the order listed, except for the glaze.
2. Place the baking pan into the Home Bakery, close the lid and plug the power cord into the outlet. Select the CAKE course. Set the crust setting to MEDIUM for BB-CEC20/BB-PAC20/BB-PDC20 model and REGULAR for BB-HAC10 model. Press START.
3. When the add beeps sound, open the lid and carefully scrape off any flour that may be left on the side of the pan with a rubber spatula. Please be careful if the kneading blade(s) is moving. For BB-HAC10, BB-PAC20 and BB-PDC20 models, press START to resume kneading.
4. When baking completes, press CANCEL and remove from pan to a cooling rack. While cake is cooling, make the glaze. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice. Mix with whisk until smooth.
5. When the cake has cooled completely, spread glaze over the cake.
Recipe courtesy of Zojirushi America Corporation
Products you may be interested:
- bread machine
- lemon bread