Jun 02, 2023
Baked Risotto Lasagna Style
The word lasagna refers to one of the oldest types of pasta. It also describes a dish layered with several sheets of lasagne pasta. Enjoy layers of tasty rice with meat sauce, baked to perfection!
Ingredients (serves 4-6):
To Cook in the Rice Cooker:
- 3 cups (rice measuring cup) short grain white rice
Water to fill to water level 3 for “WHITE RICE”
1 tsp. salt
To Prepare Separately:
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
3 Tbsp. plain or Italian style breadcrumbs
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 (15 oz.) jar Italian style “Four Cheese Sauce”
1 (15 oz.) jar Italian style marinara or meat sauce
This recipe was developed for Zojirushi rice cooker models listed here. Adjustments may be necessary when using other models.
1. Measure rice accurately using the measuring cup that came with your rice cooker. Rinse rice until water clears, drain and place in the inner cooking pan.
2. Add water to the corresponding water level for “WHITE RICE,” and stir well with rice using the rice spatula. Cook the rice using the “WHITE RICE” setting.
3. Combine Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs in a bowl.
4. Lightly coat inside of oven proof dish with small amount of olive oil. Reserve the rest for later.
5. When rice completes cooking, add Italian style “Four Cheese Sauce” to cooked rice and evenly fold into the rice using the rice spatula.
6. Preheat oven to 450°F. Place 1/3 of mixed rice evenly into the oiled dish, then evenly layer 1/3 of the marinara sauce or meat sauce over the first layer of rice. Repeat until all rice and sauce is used. The final layer should be of marinara or meat sauce.
7. Sprinkle cheese and breadcrumb mixture from step 3 and drizzle remaining olive oil evenly over the cheese mixture.
8. Place dish in heated oven and bake for 10-20 minutes.
9. When baking completes, portion into bowls and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Zojirushi America Corporation