Jul 12, 2023
Sautéed vegetable is mixed with quinoa and parsley wrapped in a fluffy layer of egg. This is a light and nutritious dish. A perfect breakfast to start the day!
Ingredients (serves 4):
To Cook in the Rice Cooker:
- 2 cups (rice measuring cup) quinoa
- Water to fill to water level 2 for “QUINOA”
For Vegetable Mixture:
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 zucchini, diced small
- 1 medium carrot, diced small
- 1/2 medium onion, diced small
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 8 eggs
- 4 Tbsp. milk
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- ketchup, as needed
*This recipe was developed for the 5 and 10 cup Zojirushi Micom Rice Cooker & Warmers.
1. Measure quinoa accurately using the measuring cup that came with your rice cooker. Fill quinoa above the brim, then level off the cup and add to the inner cooking pan. Rinse the quinoa a few times with water. Use a fine mesh strainer if needed.
2.Slowly add water to the corresponding water level for “QUINOA”. Stir lightly to make sure the quinoa is submerged and leveled to ensure even cooking. Cook using the “QUINOA” setting.
3. When quinoa completes cooking, fluff, cover and keep warm.
4. Prepare the vegetable mixture. In a skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté zucchini, onion and carrots for 3 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of ketchup, vegetable broth, salt, pepper, oregano and continue to cook for 2 additional minutes. Turn heat off.
5. In a large bowl, add freshly cooked quinoa and vegetable mix from step 4 and chopped parsley. Mix well and set aside. In a separate bowl, mix eggs and milk for the omelet.
6. Wipe skillet and heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat, making sure the entire surface of the pan is coated. Pour a quarter (about 1/2 cup) of the egg mixture into the skillet.
7. Move a spatula through the egg mixture in a circular motion until the egg is halfway cooked through.
8. Place 3/4 to 1 cup of the quinoa and vegetable mixture from step 5 to the center of the egg mixture and turn heat off. Tilt the skillet to the side a bit and fold one side of egg over the rice. Push and slide omelet to the other side of the skillet.
9. When the omelet reaches the edge of the skillet, flip it out onto a serving plate so the side of the egg fold under the rice. If necessary use a paper towel to correct the shape. Repeat steps 6-9 to make three more omelets. Reserve leftover quinoa and vegetable mixture for another dish, like for a salad topping. Serve with optional ketchup. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Zojirushi America Corporation
Products you may be interested: Zojirushi Micom Rice Cooker NL-BAC05 & Zojirushi Micom Rice Cooker & Warmer NS-TSC10A/18A