Avocado Bowl with Yogurt Sauce
Ingredients (serves 4):
To Cook in the Rice Cooker:
- 2 cups (rice measuring cup) long grain white rice
- Water to fill to water level 2 for “LONG GRAIN WHITE,” or 2-1/2 cups (rice measuring cup)
To Prepare Separately:
- 1-1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, minced
- 3 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 cup heirloom tomatoes, diced
1. Measure rice accurately using the measuring cup that came with your rice cooker. Rinse rice quickly once, drain and place in the inner cooking pan.
2. Add water to the corresponding water level for “LONG GRAIN WHITE,” or as listed in the ingredients. Cook the rice using the “LONG GRAIN WHITE” (if available), or the “MIXED” setting.
3. In a small bowl, mix yogurt, salt, honey and parsley to make the sauce.
4. Chop avocados into bite-sized pieces.
5. When rice completes cooking, gently fluff the rice using the rice spatula. Serve onto individual bowls and top with yogurt sauce, tomatoes and avocados.
Recipe courtesy of Zojirushi America Corporation.
- rice cooker recipe