Oct 13, 2021
Looking for delicious vegetarian meal inspirations? You’re in the right place; this bean-free quinoa patty recipe is going to be your go-to recipe once you realize just how easy it is to make!
Ingredients (serves 4):
To Cook in the Rice Cooker:
- 1 cup (rice measuring cup) quinoa
- Water to fill to the water level 1 for “QUINOA"
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 3 Tbsp. parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 tsp. garlic, grated
- 3 Tbsp. parsley, minced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. water
*This recipe was developed for the Zojirushi Micom Rice Cooker & Warmer NL-BAC05. Please follow your Quick Start Guide on how to cook quinoa in your specific model. Please note this recipe CANNOT be made in the Pressure IH Rice Cooker (NP-HTC10/18, NP-NVC10/18 models).
1. Measure the quinoa accurately using your rice cooker’s measuring cup and add it to the inner cooking pan. If the quinoa is not pre-rinsed, place it in a fine mesh strainer, rinse with water before adding it to the inner cooking pan. Add water to the corresponding water level for “QUINOA.”
2. Start cooking by using the "QUINOA" setting. When the cooking completes, transfer the quinoa to a large bowl and allow to cool slightly.
3. When the quinoa is cool, add onion, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs, garlic and parsley into the bowl and mix. When the mixture is cool to the touch, add the beaten eggs and mix well.
4. Heat olive oil in a frying pan. Divide mixture into four and make four large patties. Place patties on the frying pan and cook for 3 minutes each side over medium low heat. Once done, turn the heat off and transfer to a serving plate to set aside. Reserve the leftover grease.
5. To make the sauce, add all the ingredients listed for the sauce to the same frying pan. Stir to mix and bring to a simmer. Turn the heat off and pour over the patties.
6. Serve with rice or turn them into burgers. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Zojirushi America Corporation.