Oct 27, 2023
Very Berry Homemade Jam
Wouldn't it be great to have delicious homemade fruit jam to go with your freshly baked bread? We thought so. Why not throw in these 3 simple and natural ingredients in your breadmaker while your fresh loaf of bread is cooling down on the counter, and enjoy a sweet slice of bread after it's done with your favorite cup of tea or coffee!
Ingredients (for BB-HAC10):
- 3 cups (360g) blueberries*
- 3/4 cup (149g) sugar
- 1 Tbsp. (14ml) lemon juice
*Lightly mash blueberries before adding to the Baking Pan. You can alternate between other fruits based on your preference and the season!
Before you start: Make sure the baking pan and the blades are cleaned from the previous baking cycle before you start a new recipe in your breadmaker.
1. Make sure the kneading blade(s) are properly attached, and add the ingredients into the baking pan in the order listed.
2. Once the pan is in the breadmaker, close the lid and plug the cord into the outlet. Select the "JAM" menu and press START. Cooking time is 1 hour 20 minutes.
3. When the cycle is completed, press CANCEL and pour the jam into a heat-resistant container and place it in the fridge or the freezer to allow the contents to thicken.
4. Enjoy your delicious and natural jam with your bread!
Suggestions: You can also mix your fruit jam with your yogurt to add some sweetness and create a healthy and yummy snack!
Recipe courtesy of Zojirushi America Corporation