Jan 04, 2023
Vegetarian Tofu and Jasmine Rice with Lime
Searching for a healthy and a quick recipe? Look no further. This vegetarian Tofu and Jasmine Rice with Lime recipe is going to give your weekend meals a healthy and a zesty twist!
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
To Cook in the Rice Cooker:
- 3 cups (rice measuring cup) jasmine rice
- Water to fill to water level 3 for JASMINE or 3-3/4 cups (rice measuring cup)
- 1 tsp. salt
To Be Prepared Separately:
- 1 lb. firm tofu, drained, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce
- 3/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup peanuts, roasted, unsalted
- Lime wedges
1. Measure rice accurately using the rice cooker’s measuring cup. Rinse rice quickly once and drain and place in the inner cooking pan.
2. Add water up to the water level for “JASMINE,” or as listed in the ingredients. Add salt to the inner cooking pan and stir well with rice (make sure you use the rice spatula for this). Cook the rice using the “JASMINE” (if available), or “WHITE RICE” setting.
3. While the rice cooks, combine the tofu cubes and the soy sauce in a bowl. Allow tofu to marinate in the soy sauce. While the tofu marinates, prepare the cilantro, measure peanuts and cut lime wedges.
4. When rice completes cooking, gently fluff the rice with your rice spatula. Gently fold in the marinated tofu with soy sauce, the chopped cilantro and the peanuts.
5. Divide and place into warm bowls and top the dish with a lime wedge. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Zojirushi America Corporation.