Jul 12, 2023
We love a good recipe with popping colors and exotic aromas and we can't think of a dish more comforting than this colorful Jambalaya for this fall weather. Why not give this recipe a go and enjoy a hearty bowl of this flavorsome Louisiana dish!
Rice Cooker (Can be prepared with any 5.5 or 10 cup rice cookers):
- 3 cups (using the measuring cup) long grain white rice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp. dried chilli flakes
- 8 oz. low sodium chicken broth
- 4 oz. diced canned tomatoes in puree
- Water (as needed)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
To be prepared separately:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 8 oz. medium size shrimp
- 6 oz. smoked sausage, sliced around 1/4” thick
1) Please ensure that you measure rice accurately using the measuring cup that's included with your rice cooker. Rinse the rice, drain and place in the inner pan.
2) In a separate bowl, mix the salt and spices into the chicken broth, and add the mixture into the cooking pan.
3) Pour in the diced tomatoes and puree into the pan, and if necessary, add water to fill the water level 3 of “MIXED RICE” for 5 and 10 cup rice cookers.
4) Place the minced onion on top of the ingredients and cook using the “MIXED” setting.
5) When the rice cooker begins its cooking cycle, sauté the shrimp and sausage in a frying pan with olive oil and garlic and place in a bowl.
6) When the cooker completes the cycle, open the lid and transfer the rice to the bowl from step 5. Mix well and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Zojirushi America Corporation