Skip a trip to your local coffee house with this cool and creamy matcha drink! We like it slightly sweet, but if you like your latte sweeter or milder, simply adjust the amount of sugar to your liking.
Ingredients (serves 2):
1 Tbsp. matcha powder
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup hot water (175°F)
- 1-1/2 cup milk (use whole or soy milk for better froth)
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
1. Fill Zojirushi water boiler & warmer with water and set temperature to 175°F.
2. In a small glass pitcher, mix matcha and sugar with whisk.
3. When the water temperature reaches 175°F, dispense 1/2 cup of the hot water into the pitcher. (If using a tea kettle to boil the water pour the boiling water into a separate cup first, then pour that water into the bowl. This will cool the hot water to a suitable temperature.)
4. Whisk the tea until the powder is dissolved. Equally distribute to serving glasses.
5. Add cold milk and heavy cream in a pitcher, and froth milk with a milk frother.
6. Slowly pour milk from beneath the froth over matcha in each glass.
7. Spoon milk foam over top.
8. Top with optional matcha powder by lightly dusting powder through a tea strainer.
9. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Zojirushi America Corporation