Dec 01, 2022
Gyu-Don (Beef Bowl)
As the weather is getting cooler each day, we're switching our fresh and light ingredients with earthier and stronger flavors. Warm your palate with this scrumptious Gyu-Don dish this fall weekend with your loved ones!
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 lb. thinly sliced beef
- 3 tbsp. white wine or sake
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup ichiban dashi or 1 tsp. dashinomoto + 1 cup water
- 6 cups cooked short or medium grain white or brown rice
1. In a large mixing bowl, marinate the beef with wine or sake, sugar, mirin, salt, soy sauce and grated ginger.
2. Place the onion and dashi in a sauce pan and cook for 5 minutes at medium heat.
3. Add the marinated beef into the sauce pan with the onion and dashi, cover with lid and continue to cook for 5 more minutes or until beef is thoroughly cooked.
4. Once cooked, fill each serving bowl with cooked rice and top it with cooked beef and onion. Make sure to serve while hot and for an additional touch, add a side of pickled red ginger.
Recipe courtesy of Zojirushi America Corporation