May 03, 2021
Garlic Rusks with Eggplant Dip
Looking for healthy snack ideas? Look no further! This savory and delicious eggplant dip paired with garlic rusks is going to be the go-to snack in your kitchen.
Ingredients (serves 2-3):
- 1 eggplant (about 1 lb. 6 oz.)
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary, stem removed
- 1/8 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Italian parsley, minced
For Garlic Rusk:
- 2 slices bread ends
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Cut the eggplant in half (from the stem to the bottom), pierce the eggplant skin with a fork, and make criss-cross score on the inside with a knife.
2 .Place the eggplants in an oven safe dish or tray, cut side up, topped with the roughly chopped garlic, rosemary leaves (remove stem) and thinly sliced onion.
3. Sprinkle the eggplant with salt and pepper, drizzle olive oil, cover the dish or tray with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
4 .After it is baked, place the eggplant halves on a cutting board, and scrape the contents out with a spoon. Chop with the rest of the roasted vegetables to make into a purée like texture.
5 .Place the purée in a bowl, add sour cream, lemon juice, parsley and mix together. This dip can be kept up to 3 days refrigerated.
6. Prepare the rusk. Spread butter generously on both bread ends and sprinkle the surface with garlic powder.
7. Preheat the oven to 300ºF. Cut bread into finger-width strips, toast in the oven for 20 minutes or until surfaces are golden and crisp. Once done, serve the bread rusks with the dip. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Zojirushi America Corporation.