Jan 04, 2023
Easy Barley Vegetable Soup
After work or school, soup can make a tough day melt away into a hazy memory. Ditto when it’s freezing outside, the car wouldn’t start and the bus was late.
Soup can make it all better.
Now, here’s where the easy factor really shines! To make this vegetable and barley soup from scratch, simply add all your ingredients to your rice cooker and select the Slow Cook setting. That’s pretty much it! Press the Start key and move on to something else. There’s nothing better than eating a slow cooker soup without dragging the slow cooker out of storage!
Ingredients: (quantity for a 5.5-cup cooker)
- ½ Small onion, finely chopped
- 1 Large carrot, chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup Frozen peas
- ½ cup Frozen green beans
- ½ cup Pearl barley
- ½ tsp Dried thyme
- 1 (14-ounce) Can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups Low sodium chicken broth
- 1 ½ cup Water
- Salt and pepper for flavor
- Place all the ingredients in the inner pot and stir.
- Place inner pot in the rice cooker. Select [Slow Cook] menu and set for 120 minutes. Press [Start] key.
- Once complete, serve in a bowl.
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 120 minutes
Recipe courtesy of Tiger Corporation USA