We made our coffee ice cream easy to make – we promise you will not need an ice cream machine. If you love homemade ice cream, then this is a must try recipe.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2/3 cup unsweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp. non-fat powdered milk
- 1 cup iced coffee, unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp. coffee liqueur of your choice (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Chocolate covered coffee beans
- Chocolate syrup
- Fruit of your choice
1. In a medium metal bowl that fits in your freezer, combine condensed milk, powdered milk, iced coffee and optional coffee liqueur.
2. In a separate bowl, whip heavy cream into soft peaks.
3. Gently add whipped cream to coffee mixture and fold to combine. Do not over mix.
4. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the freezer to harden.
5. After 2 hours, stir with a fork to smoothen the mixture, then put back in the freezer. Stirring gives a creamy richness to the ice cream.
6. After another 2 hours, stir the mixture again. Repeat this step 1 or 2 more times until the mixture is almost completely frozen. The mixture will be set after a total of 10-12 hours.
7. Scoop the ice cream into serving dishes, garnish with chocolate covered coffee beans, chocolate syrup and fruit.
Recipe courtesy of Zojirushi America Corporation