Sep 07, 2021
Coconut Butter Mochi
In the mood for an exotic dessert? Add a sweet variety to your dessert selection with this 5 step butter mochi recipe. Rich with butter and coconut flakes, these little squares will give you the exotic taste of Hawaii!
Below recipe & ingredients are for the Zojirushi Home Bakery Supreme® Breadmaker BB-CEC20. For instructions on other models, please visit the manufacturer’s website.
Ingredients (for BB-CEC20):
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups sweet rice flour (Mochiko)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, divided
1. Always make sure your breadmaker is unplugged when handling, and only turn on when you are ready to bake. Once you check the kneading blade(s) are properly attached, add the ingredients into the baking pan in the order listed above, except for the flaked coconut.
2. Place the baking pan into the Home Bakery, close the lid and plug the cord into the outlet. Select the CAKE course and press START.
3. When the mixing (kneading) cycle completes, open the lid and carefully scrape off any flour that may be left on the side of the pan with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle half of the coconut on top of the batter, close the lid and resume baking.
4. When 1:00 shows on the display, add the remaining coconut on top of the batter.
5. When baking completes, allow to cool, remove from the pan and cut into squares to serve. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Zojirushi America Corporation.