Jan 04, 2023
Classic Chocolate Cake
Not a fan of traditional Christmas desserts? Not to worry - any dessert eaten during the holidays is a festive one in our books. Why not give this delicious chocolate chip cake a try and make sure to decorate the plate with fresh fruit to compliment the decadent cocoa flavor!
* The below ingredients and directions for Zojirushi Home Bakery Supreme® Breadmaker (BB-CEC)
- 1/2 cup (120mL) water
- 3 (150g) large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (108g) vegetable oil
- 2 cups (260g) all purpose flour
- 3 tsp. (11g) baking powder
- 1 cup (198g) sugar
- 7 Tbsp. (35g) unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tsp. (8g) vanilla extract
When you hear the beep sound, add:
- 1/2 cup (80g) chocolate chips
1. Sift the all purpose flour, baking powder and unsweetened cocoa powder. Make sure the kneading blade(s) are properly attached, and add the ingredients to the baking pan in the order listed, except for the chocolate chips. Always ensure the breadmaker is unplugged until you are ready to commence the baking cycle.
2. Place the baking pan into the Home Bakery, close the lid and plug the power cord into the outlet. Select the CAKE course. Set the crust setting to MEDIUM. Press START.
3. When the add beeps sound, open the lid and carefully scrape off any flour that may be left on the side of the pan with a rubber spatula, always ensuring that you’re mindful of the moving kneading blade(s).
4. Add the chocolate chips, close the lid and continue baking.
5. When the baking completes, press CANCEL and remove from pan. Set the cake aside to cool before slicing and serving. As always, enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Zojirushi America Corporation.