Dec 09, 2021
Chocolate Cake with Chewy Fig
Spring is upon us, which means it’s time to introduce fresher, tangier and lighter aromas into the kitchen! Try this mouthwatering chocolate cake recipe with chewy dried fig and orange liquor for a combination of rich and sweet flavors!
Ingredients (for BB-CEC20):
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup orange liqueur*
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 7 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
To be added when the beep sounds:
1-1/2 cups (about 6.5 oz.) dried fig, cut into 1/2" (1.3cm) cubes and dust with flour (not listed in ingredients)
*If you want to make this recipe non-alcoholic, substitute the orange liqueur with milk.
1. Sift the flour ingredients (all purpose flour, baking powder and unsweetened cocoa powder). Make sure the kneading blade(s) are properly attached in your breadmaker, and add the ingredients to the baking pan in the order listed, except for the dried figs.
2. Place the baking pan into the Home Bakery, close the lid and select the CAKE course, and press START. Make sure the breadmaker is unplugged while you are preparing and placing your ingredients, and only plug it in when you are ready to start the baking.
3. When the add beeps sound, open the lid and carefully scrape off any flour that may be stuck on the side of the pan with a rubber spatula. Please be careful if the kneading blade(s) are moving.
4. Add the figs, close the lid and continue baking. (For BB-PAC/PDC/HAC models, press START to resume kneading.)
5. When baking completes, press CANCEL and remove the loaf from the pan. Allow the cake to cool before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Zojirushi America Corporation.