Jul 20, 2021
Cheese and Spinach Appetizers
This one's for the green lovers. Put that Takoyaki plate to use with these simple and delicious cheesy spinach balls, perfect for snacking on or as an appetizer before your meal. Try these perfectly round spinach ball appetizer with cheese, onion, garlic and spinach. All you need is the Zojirushi Gourmet Sizzler® Electric Griddle (EA-BDC10) and the Takoyaki plate.
Ingredients (makes 26 balls):
- 16 oz. frozen spinach, defrosted and excess water drained
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
A bamboo skewer
1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients listed (except the oil) until well mixed.
2. Make 26 balls, each about 1 1/2 inches wide.
3. Turn control plug of Gourmet Sizzler® Electric Griddle (EA-BDC10) with Takoyaki Plate (EA-YBC01) to 300ºF. When the preheating completes in 3 minutes, lightly grease each indentation with the vegetable oil.
4. Fill each indentation with the spinach balls from step 2.
5. Cook for about 3-4 minutes then flip each over with using a bamboo skewer. Cook for another 3-4 minutes or until all surface is lightly browned and crispy. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Zojirushi America Corporation.