Jul 20, 2021
Asparagus and Mushroom Risotto
It shouldn’t come as much of a surprise that you can make risotto in your rice cooker. Our multicookers do way more than just steam perfect rice.
Now for this easy risotto recipe, simply place your rice, sliced mushrooms, asparagus and onions into the inner pot of your rice cooker and pour in your vegetable broth. When you use the Slow Cook setting for 75 minutes, your multi-functional rice cooker will prepare a velvety and creamy risotto while you kick your feet up! Once the timer sounds off, just mix in butter and salt and pepper – then top with grated Parmesan. That’s it!
The flavors of this easy asparagus and mushroom risotto are super savory with umami – with little pops of garden freshness from the asparagus florets.
Ingredients: (quantity for a 5.5-cup cooker)
- 1 lbs Asparagus
- 2 oz Mushrooms
- ½ cup Onions
- 1 ½ cup Brown rice
- 4 cups Vegetable broth
- ½ cup Grated Parmesan
- 2 tsp Unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper for flavor
- Cut asparagus in 2-inch size pieces. Slice mushrooms and onions.
- Place rice, asparagus, mushrooms and then onions in the inner pot. Pour vegetable broth. Make sure all the rice is soaked in the broth.
- Place inner pot in the rice cooker. Select [Slow Cook] menu and set for 75 minutes. Press [Start] key.
- Once complete, place butter, salt and pepper and mix. Serve in a bowl. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 75 minutes
Recipe courtesy of Tiger Corporation USA