Jul 20, 2021
Afternoon Delight with Earl Grey Panna Cotta
- 8 fl. oz. hot water (208°F)
- 3 Tbsp. cold water
- 1 envelope (7g) unflavored powdered gelatin
- 2 Tbsp. Earl Grey tea leaves
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Fill Zojirushi water boiler & warmer with water and set the temperature to 208°F.
- Preheat a teapot. When water temperature reaches 208°F, dispense the hot water into the teapot, close the lid and allow to preheat.
- In a small bowl, put 3 tablespoons of cold water, sprinkle an envelope of gelatin and set aside to set.
- Discard the hot water from the teapot once it reaches the desired temperature and place the loose Earl Grey tea leaves inside. Dispense 8 fl. oz. of hot water into the teapot and cover the lid. Let it steep for 5 minutes.
- In a heat-resistant pitcher, add the sugar and pour the brewed tea from the previous step through a strainer. Make sure to prevent any loose tea from falling into the mixture. Stir well until the sugar is dissolved. Put aside a 1/4 cup of sweetened tea for topping. Add the bloomed gelatin from step 3 to the pitcher and stir until it dissolves. If the gelatin does not dissolve, heat in a 1200 watt microwave at high setting for 30 seconds.
- Add the milk and the heavy cream to the pitcher and stir all contents until mixed well. Pour mixture into serving glasses and refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours.
- Top with sweetened tea from step 5 and voila!
Recipe courtesy of Zojirushi America Corporation