Jan 04, 2023
Silky Milky Oolong Tea
This well-known tea drink is easy to make! It is creamy and sweet with a robust taste of oolong.
- 16 fl. oz. hot water (195°F)
- 2 Tbsp. oolong tealeaves
- 8 fl. oz. milk
- 1-2 Tbsp. sugar
1. Fill Zojirushi water boiler & warmer with water and set temperature to 195°F.
2. Place oolong tea leaves into a teapot
3. Bloom the tea leaves. When the water temperature reaches 195°F, dispense 8 fl. oz. hot water into the teapot then quickly pour into a heat resistant pitcher.
4. Pour hot water from the pitcher to teacups to pre-warm the cups.
5. Add an additional 8 fl. oz. hot water into the teapot and steep for 5 minutes.
6. Place milk in the pitcher and heat in the microwave for 40 seconds.
7. Discard the hot water from teacups.
8. Pour warmed milk and steeped tea to each teacup. Add sugar to taste.
9. Stir and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Zojirushi America Corporation