Oct 20, 2020
Rich and Creamy Coffee Ice Cream
In honor of the International Coffee Day, we thought what better way to appreciate the versatility of this divine drink than to share this creamy coffee cream recipe you can create in your own kitchen!
- 2/3 cup unsweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp. non-fat powdered milk
- 1 cup iced coffee, unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp. coffee liqueur of your choice (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Chocolate covered coffee beans
- Chocolate syrup
- Fruit of your choice
1. In a medium metal bowl (make sure it will fit in your freezer), combine the condensed milk, powdered milk, iced coffee and the optional coffee liqueur.
2. In a separate bowl, whip heavy cream into soft peaks. Gently add this cream to the coffee mixture and fold to combine. Be careful not to over mix.
3. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the freezer to harden. Set the timer for 2 hours. After the timer goes off, stir with a fork to smoothen the mixture, then place it back in the freezer. This will give the ice cream a creamy richness.
4. 2 hours after the initial stirring, take the bowl out from the freezer and stir the mixture again. Repeat this step 1 or 2 more times until the mixture is almost completely frozen. The ice cream will set after a total of 10-12 hours.
5. Scoop the ice cream into serving dishes, garnish with chocolate covered coffee beans, chocolate syrup and fruit. Enjoy!
Happy International Coffee Day!
Recipe courtesy of Zojirushi America Corporation